Pakistani recipes and cooking
Pakistani recipes and cooking
 Recommend PakiRecipes FREE Registration - Register Now 1217 Recipes | 95 Videos | 42 Meals | 89 Tips & Tricks | 33 Articles   
Planning a new rose garden? Any Advice.........

Add To Favorites Add this topic to Favorite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oswaldseymour

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Planning a new rose garden? Any Advice......... Reply with quote

I am going to venture into the world of rose gardening in the spring and I was hoping for some advice. The first thing I'm going to do is get my soil tested and put a lot of work/money into it, as a vegetable and fruit gardener I am a firm believer in working the dirt.
I've been waffling a bit on the exact roses that I will plant and I was hoping for advice from people who have actually grown them. I will be planting one climber, six shrubs, and six standard trees, with a sunset color theme.
Here are the roses I've chosen, please tell me if you think they are good or if you think I should plant something else instead.
Climber: Autumn Sunset
Shrubs: Midas Touch, Joseph's Coat (I know it's a climber but I must have it and I'm willing to prune/train,) Strike it Rich, Fragrant Cloud, Chris Evert, Legends.
Trees: Julia Child, Radiant Perfume (I've read lots of bad news about this one, is there a good replacement?) Just Joey, Sunstruck, Dream Come True, Bella'roma.
kathrin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rose garden ultimately is a get away for you and your thoughts any time of the day. You can plan and create a rose garden of your own that will take away the stress of your day with its beauty. The rose garden that you love and admire so much can be yours if you follow a few easy steps in planning and in raising your roses.

If you have never raised roses before, we have a few great tips and ideas lined up for your reference. One important thing to remember is that roses do love the sunshine. In the garden that is full sun areas only, you will have great success in growing roses. If you have a partially shaded area where you want to grow new rose bushes, you may want to consider moving your plants to where your roses will receive at least six hours of sun a day or more.

When first planting or transplanting a rose bush, water will be an important factor. You will need to water your roses at least once a week as your rose establishes itself. The soil that you plant your rose in does need to drain well, this is important. The rose bush will not thrive in the area moist all of the time. Refraining from planting your rose in an area that fills with puddles will aid in your successful rose gardening.

As your roses grow and change every year, you will need to pick off the dead head flowers. Picking off the flowers that are dead will bring new life to your bush. If you find black spots on the leaves of your rose bush, this will keep your plant from suffering and from any disease from spreading over the entire plant. Treating your plants at the first sign of Japanese beetles is going to save their luscious green leaves from these tiny creatures.

In the spring of the year, you will need to prune your rose bush. The blackened portions of your rose bush need pruned away to promote additional new growth over the entire plant. While pruning your plant in the spring season, pull weed starts so that your plant is not in competition for water or soil nutrients over the growing seasons.
Myjoshf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's tempting to stay with it for a long time. And it is to be published.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PakiRecipes Forum Index -> House & Household All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: