Pakistani recipes and cooking
Pakistani recipes and cooking
 Recommend PakiRecipes FREE Registration - Register Now 1217 Recipes | 95 Videos | 42 Meals | 89 Tips & Tricks | 33 Articles   
attention all koftay experts :D
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Add To Favorites Add this topic to Favorite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mosqeetoh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: attention all koftay experts :D Reply with quote

i've neva got my koftays right. the meatballs either turn too dry (cuz i fry them first) or they juz break in da gravy!

i've come across recipes using bread crumbs/eggs/besan flour? do these ingredients really make a difference?

how do u get da perfect koftays? Confused

typing is a form of exercise for da fingers. do not hesitate to reply. Laughing
qqpaki

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: boil the kofte Reply with quote

Just use your regular recipe and make the koftey, when you have shaped the kofte ,them boil them in water. like this they wont pe either to soft or hard.

take a pan, pani dalo...... keep it on medium heat, and put the kofte in it.... jab paani kam ho jaae,..... you can put them in the salan

it works!

Razz
bestchefs
Expert & Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: hmmm.. Reply with quote

i usually make koftas and b4 putting them in salan i usually fry them but they never broke or get hard..i use channa ppowder and khashkhash..little amount of green chillis minced and little bit of onions and i made paste out of it then add to extra ground keema..then out the mixture for awhile then make balls out of it...bread crumbs and egg is also good for makin meat balls soft but they will never give u desi taste as u want them in salan...though wht i use it gives desi taste ...and they r yummy well personally i dont like koftas but make for my family..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bestchefs
Expert & Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meat balls and koftas r two different things..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NawedKhan
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bestchefs wrote:
meat balls and koftas r two different things..

Realy? I thought meat ball is the english translation on Kofta.

I am confused now Confused
Well.. good thing is I am not the one who is cooking Razz
So as long as it tastes yummy.. who cares if it is Kofta or Meat Ball. Wink

But seriously, bestchefs, can you please explain the difference?
aisha

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Koftay is one one of the dish that difficult to make for a new person in cooking.anyway i dont fry koftay usually as the koftay that cooked in gravy are more tasty as there juices release in garvy that make its taste good.
i think fist thing that count for making good koftay is mince,always buy the one that has fats in it ,actually they are the fats who hold the mince together, 2nd is bhonai hoi chano ka powder or basin. using basin or chana powder is a deci touch to koftay where using egg or bread makes its taste little differant,i always first roast the basin and then add it in mince and it is used in most kabab dishes to hold the kababs.and the third thing that make koftay to hold together is that i ground the mince after adding masala to it in grinder or chopper or u knead it very well with hands.if u care about all these then inshallah ur koftay will not break.
and yeh for making koftay soft u can add 1 or2 spoon of yougert in it.
mosqeetoh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is really interesting.... i didnt know there was so much to koftays!

will keep in mind wat da experts advised da next time i make koftays.
thx aisha and saubia.

well i used da term meatball to refer to da balls of meat Laughing
is there more to it? do enlighten us
bestchefs
Expert & Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i agree with aisha...we should use Xtra mince meat with lill bit fat init......well every person have different recipes for koftas...yea when i was new in cooking or couple of years ago i thought it too tht may b meat balls is traslation of kofta...but it isnt...meat balls r those which v put usually in speghetti sauce when v r making speghetti n meat balls..and if u compare those meat balls with our desi koftas u will definitely feel the diffenernce....as long as the difference b/w these two concern is koftas is asian dish while meat balls rnt...and they both have different recipes for themselves....and Idea one more tip for making koftas or either meat balls...when u r makin koftas...put pressure at ur palms lill more so the round shape will form perfectly and meat will get into each other to form perfct kofta shape....hmmm i can now explain these two thru recipe so u could more undrstand it but i think this is enuff info for this.... Laughing ..... i hope u guys get it now...
MuskanKhan85

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I myself put a little breadcrumbs in them and fry them in the oil a little before adding other things. this way they don't break.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bestchefs
Expert & Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well as i say above bread crumbs doesnt tastes like pure desi koftas while they are pretty good for meat balls to use in speghetti or where ever you like.i uses breadcrumbs too in meat balls whenever i makes speghetti and meat balls. Laughing
MuskanKhan85

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bestchefs wrote:
well as i say above bread crumbs doesnt tastes like pure desi koftas while they are pretty good for meat balls to use in speghetti or where ever you like.i uses breadcrumbs too in meat balls whenever i makes speghetti and meat balls. Laughing

if u don't want to add bread crumbs then u can add gram flour to it. tht will also work fine.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bestchefs
Expert & Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MuskanKhan85 wrote:
bestchefs wrote:

if u don't want to add bread crumbs then u can add gram flour to it. tht will also work fine.

oh muskan thats wht we were saying diffrence b/w gram flour and bread crumbs offcourse it will work fine but it wont give the same taste as koftas...we have discussion above just scroll and read tht please Smile
bestchefs
Expert & Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I THINK EVERYONE LOST INTEREST IN KOFTAS NOW...HMMMMMM... Mad
MuskanKhan85

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bestchefs wrote:
I THINK EVERYONE LOST INTEREST IN KOFTAS NOW...HMMMMMM... Mad

lolz. no no. koftas r still a hot topic.
bestchefs
Expert & Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i believe if u r sayin so muskan but y nobody postingg in here...its been ignoring for a while
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PakiRecipes Forum Index -> Ask an Expert All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: