Pakistani recipes and cooking
Pakistani recipes and cooking
 Recommend PakiRecipes FREE Registration - Register Now 1217 Recipes | 95 Videos | 42 Meals | 89 Tips & Tricks | 33 Articles   
Tips for cooking rice in microwave

Add To Favorites Add this topic to Favorite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shagufta

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Tips for cooking rice in microwave Reply with quote

Purchase minute rice. Put equal parts of rice and water in a glass casserole or dish (with lid). One cup of rice and one cup of water feeds two people. Multiply recipe for additional servings. Stir and cover. Microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes. Remove from microwave. Stir. Replace cover. Let stand for 3-5 minutes before serving.
mariatamis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice tips !
I can try cook rice in Microwave oven.
Its really nice and essay..
thanks for share this trick with us....
arsalan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have cooked rice in the microwave, the trick is that if you are cooking two cups of rice, you have to put in 4 cups of water. The dish that you use should be a big rectangular one so that the rice is spread thin. You can cut vegetables into small pieces like carrots and brocolli and put it in it. Add a pinch of salt for added taste. Cook it as long as the water evaporates and nothing more so you have to check it after 20 minutes to see how long you need to keep it cooking in the microwave.

Hope it helps.
sara34

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Wow.... This is very interesting. Thank for sharing this informative information. Nice thread.....

Thanks
Have a nice time ahead.
shana34

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello friends

Many of you must already be cooking rice successfully in the microwave oven. It is as uncomplicated as boiling water, once you get the hang of it. If you are doing it regularly, then you don't even think about it. Your hands use their memory to do all the steps. Somewhat like driving maybe?
However, I have come across many people, who use a microwave oven for years, but only for reheating and never for cooking anything. Since I use it regularly for cooking food as well, I am often asked questions about it. Hence this post.
I must make it clear at the beginning itself, that this is no fool-proof method, only a tried and tested one. You have to play around a little bit with that gadget to get the feel of it. Go ahead and experiment, it's not going to explode. Smile Most of the home appliances made nowadays are rather strong and can sustain some abuse too. Try and see what happens by pushing all the buttons and turning all the knobs at least once. Many of you bloggers/readers are with science/engineering background, so I don't have to stress the importance of reading the user's manual either. Also, please check the wattage of your microwave, because the cooking times increase or decrease inversely proportional to it. I use a 700Watt microwave oven at the moment, so all timings mentioned here correspond to that.

Thanks for all friends
Have a nice day
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PakiRecipes Forum Index -> Kitchen Corner All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: