Pakistani recipes and cooking
Pakistani recipes and cooking
 Recommend PakiRecipes FREE Registration - Register Now 1217 Recipes | 95 Videos | 42 Meals | 89 Tips & Tricks | 33 Articles   
Shami Kababs or Chappli Kababs
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Add To Favorites Add this topic to Favorite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bestchefs
Expert & Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Shami Kababs or Chappli Kababs Reply with quote

well i m just curious that so many peoples make kababs from different recipes.well how many types do you know and what ingredients do you use??Post here
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aisha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bestchef we have varity of kabab dishes in our food ,and one of the dish from kababs is must in our dinners.i makes chapli kabab ,seekh kabab,shami.,boti,dum kabab,lagan kai kabab ,dahi kabab,and much more .
we make shami of two types one in wich we add masala n it and in the 2nd one whick mu MIl makes we fill the green masala in center.and i make shami from beef boti and from chicken too,as i prefer white meat,but i dont make shami from mince i makes it with boti.
the in grediant i use in shami arefirst i cook meat with whole garam masala,salt whole red chilli, black peppers,little garlic ,onion and ginger.when its hald done i add chana dall in it .when it cooked i grind this and add eggs in the mixture,mix it .and i add green masala in it or fill it in the center and make kabab ,in green masala i roughly chopp onions,ginger,green chillies,corriander leaves and mint leaves,i cut all these like we cut onion for omlete or chopp this.
This is how i made shami,its too hard to type all the recipes as i naver measure the ingrediants with spoon.
MuskanKhan85

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make many different kinds of kababs but in my house Chapli kababs are made very often. I make it many different wayz with lots of ingredients but the one tht is the most ez one is made with these ingredients. You take minced beef, onions, tomatos, corn meal, green chillies, fresh and dry corriander, lemon juice, ginger, anardana ( and cooked egg which is optional ). then you mix all these ingredients, make round patties and fry them in oil.
give them a try and surely will love them.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bestchefs
Expert & Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh that is great.U know i know how to make shami kababs and i know couple of others too but i dont know in making kabas i always have badluck i dont know why.some times they become too soft sometimes they breakdown i dont know may be because of non accuracy of ingredients.hey Can you guys share some recipes like chicken kababs or boti or sum other kabas i know seekh kabab ans sheesh kabas.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bestchefs
Expert & Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MuskanKhan85 wrote:
I make many different kinds of kababs but in my house Chapli kababs are made very often. I make it many different wayz with lots of ingredients but the one tht is the most ez one is made with these ingredients. You take minced beef, onions, tomatos, corn meal, green chillies, fresh and dry corriander, lemon juice, ginger, anardana ( and cooked egg which is optional ). then you mix all these ingredients, make round patties and fry them in oil.
give them a try and surely will love them.

oh they sounds yummy i will definitely try them soon.thanks for the delicious sharing
MuskanKhan85

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u most welcome
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aisha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bestchefs wrote:
oh that is great.U know i know how to make shami kababs and i know couple of others too but i dont know in making kabas i always have badluck i dont know why.some times they become too soft sometimes they breakdown i dont know may be because of non accuracy of ingredients.hey Can you guys share some recipes like chicken kababs or boti or sum other kabas i know seekh kabab ans sheesh kabas.

oho thats bad,best did u make shami from minceor boti? try with boti ,it will naver breakout.u can use mutton or chicken as u like the recipe will be same.
bestchefs
Expert & Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i made it with boti because my ami told me so yeah i know they are good with botis..i have tries chicken one as well...they never breaks but when ever i make them with beef it always does...so wht else do u know in kababs recipe..i make one kababs they r very much popular in my khandan they called GALAWAT K KABAB
they r so delicious....
aisha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes bestchef i too make glawat kai kabab and they realy yummy.i tried dahi kabab few days back and thery taste good as well .and yes i usually make shami kabab from chicken but in pakistan we made that from beef.in ! !/2 kg beef i add one full cup of chana dall and i add 2 or 3 eggs in it,i add the eggs in mince and mix it well and make kabab .i told the ingrediant in the first post.
people like my shami and one i made seekh kabab and put them in tomatoe and onion gravyand after that i give a smoke with coal on it and it taste yummy.My that kabab are very much liked by my family and friends.
bestchefs
Expert & Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are right aisha..smoke kababs taste so good i always do smoke part.i donno as i told u i have some badluck making shami kababs so i give up and i dont make them any more.but last time i meade chicken kabab with realy simple recipes and they were fantastic..my experiment got successfull..tell me if u guys know how to make arabi kabab i m not sure they called as FALAFAL(but i m not sure)and i think they are made of dal(lentils)
aisha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bestchefs wrote:
you are right aisha..smoke kababs taste so good i always do smoke part.i donno as i told u i have some badluck making shami kababs so i give up and i dont make them any more.but last time i meade chicken kabab with realy simple recipes and they were fantastic..my experiment got successfull..tell me if u guys know how to make arabi kabab i m not sure they called as FALAFAL(but i m not sure)and i think they are made of dal(lentils)

yar dont lose hope for shami kabas ,hmm and Flafel is usually made with chickpeas or green mong dall. they will wrape this arabi poakars in lebnani roti,with sour pickels and sause ,i only on etime made it at home as its so cheap ,cost only 2Riyal so i prefer to buy it from market.anyway i will poste the recipe soon.
bestchefs
Expert & Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah right i always wonder what have they added in those falafal....they taste really good and they are nutritious as well....yeah i m also waiting for submitting recipes section to get started lols...i just love falafal without roti ....i usually get them here from arabic restaurants.....well Gosh i should learn these recipes too...they are really yummoo
MuskanKhan85

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love falafals.
bestchefs
Expert & Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they r loveable MUSKAN Laughing Laughing Laughing
MuskanKhan85

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bestchefs wrote:
they r loveable MUSKAN Laughing Laughing Laughing

did anyone try making them at home ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PakiRecipes Forum Index -> Kitchen Corner All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: