Pakistani recipes and cooking
Pakistani recipes and cooking
 Recommend PakiRecipes FREE Registration - Register Now 1217 Recipes | 95 Videos | 42 Meals | 89 Tips & Tricks | 33 Articles   
Karahi

Add To Favorites Add this topic to Favorite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aisha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Karahi Reply with quote

Karahi is a traditional dish of Pakistan,and i think its started from peshawar as Peshawari karahi is famous all over the world ,but now there are differant style of making karahi,in my childhood i remeber usually karahi and qorma was cooked in parties, but now a day there are varity of chicken and mutton dishes. The traditinal ways of making Karahi is to cook meat or chicken in karahi.evryone makes karahi in their own style,i too makes karahi in differant ways and it truns very good, Peshawai karhi they dont use onions and ginger ,garlic ,they cook it in fats and tomatoes and use green chillies,red chillies and salt,and in karachi style they cook with onions ,so differant people make it in their style, so how u make karahi and how it turns out. Share ur way,tips of making karahi and what ingrediants u use .and if anyone has better knowledage about the dish must share.so we can all will make our karahi perfect.
I usually use salt,crush red chillies,black peppers,grounded corriander seeds, little garam masala,ginger garlic,green chillies,and tomatoes,
some time i fry onion and then add meat and then ginger gar,lic and other spices but some time i only fry meat in oil with salt.and then add rest of ingrediants.anyway i always try new ideas.
now tell me ur tips so i can try them too and make it better.
MuskanKhan85

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Karahi Reply with quote

aisha wrote:
Karahi is a traditional dish of Pakistan,and i think its started from peshawar as Peshawari karahi is famous all over the world ,but now there are differant style of making karahi,in my childhood i remeber usually karahi and qorma was cooked in parties, but now a day there are varity of chicken and mutton dishes. The traditinal ways of making Karahi is to cook meat or chicken in karahi.evryone makes karahi in their own style,i too makes karahi in differant ways and it truns very good, Peshawai karhi they dont use onions and ginger ,garlic ,they cook it in fats and tomatoes and use green chillies,red chillies and salt,and in karachi style they cook with onions ,so differant people make it in their style, so how u make karahi and how it turns out. Share ur way,tips of making karahi and what ingrediants u use .and if anyone has better knowledage about the dish must share.so we can all will make our karahi perfect.
I usually use salt,crush red chillies,black peppers,grounded corriander seeds, little garam masala,ginger garlic,green chillies,and tomatoes,
some time i fry onion and then add meat and then ginger gar,lic and other spices but some time i only fry meat in oil with salt.and then add rest of ingrediants.anyway i always try new ideas.
now tell me ur tips so i can try them too and make it better.

interesting. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bestchefs
Expert & Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well they way i cook karahi is....first i put oil and add zeera to it and then i add meat and gin/gar paste to it...thn i add salt.tomatoes bulk of em,abt a pinch haldi ,red crushed peppers,black pepper kutti hui ....then i let it cook until meat get tender thn in other pan i fry lill oil abt 4 tbsp and put slitted green chillis in it and fry lill bit thn put baghar on karahi..and ofcoures i make it in steel karahi
i usually make karahi from two diff ways...
other one is i make tomato puree add gin/gar paste salt crush red chilli and fry chickn seperately lill black pepper chopped then add both of em together in last i add green chilli and put dish on simmer garnish with jullians of ginger and sliced green chillis.and cilantro
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aisha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: Karahi Reply with quote

Quote:
interesting. Shocked

only interesting ,hows u makekarahi.share ur tips for karahi too,we r waiting for them.
~*FaIrY*~

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohh
nicde shring ji
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

I found the following 15 Karahi related recipes at PakiRecipes:

1. BEST CHICKEN KARAHI
  2. CHICKEN KARAHI
  3. CHICKEN KARAHI
  4. CHICKEN KARAHI
  5. CHICKEN KARAHI
  6. CHICKEN KARAHI
  7. CHICKEN KARAHI
  8. DIFFERENT KARAHI CHICKEN
  9. FAST CHICKEN KARAHI
  10. KARAHI BEEF FILLETS
  11. KARAHI CHICKEN
  12. KARAHI CHICKEN
  13. KARAHI GHOSHT ::BY PARVEEN SHAKIR
  14. KARAHI GOSHT
  15. MINCE MEAT KARAHI

Try them as I am sure you will enjoy them Cool
hotline_hl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well its interesting to know all the differenet recipes pf karahi
bestchefs
Expert & Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hopefully Aisha u got ur answer..... Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MuskanKhan85

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NawedKhan wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I found the following 15 Karahi related recipes at PakiRecipes:

1. BEST CHICKEN KARAHI
  2. CHICKEN KARAHI
  3. CHICKEN KARAHI
  4. CHICKEN KARAHI
  5. CHICKEN KARAHI
  6. CHICKEN KARAHI
  7. CHICKEN KARAHI
  8. DIFFERENT KARAHI CHICKEN
  9. FAST CHICKEN KARAHI
  10. KARAHI BEEF FILLETS
  11. KARAHI CHICKEN
  12. KARAHI CHICKEN
  13. KARAHI GHOSHT ::BY PARVEEN SHAKIR
  14. KARAHI GOSHT
  15. MINCE MEAT KARAHI

Try them as I am sure you will enjoy them Cool

wow this is gr8. itni saari recipes. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MuskanKhan85

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I usually make chicken karahi cuz in my family the like chicken better and these are the ingredients I use. I take chicken which is cut into bite sized pieces, ginger, green chilies , tomatoes ,black pepper, garam masala, coriander leaves, salt, oil
I heat the oil then add chopped ginger and green chili. then I add the chicken and salt. fry until the meat is brown. Then I add the
tomatoes. I fry it until the oil begin to separate. Then I add ginger which I cut into little sticks, green chili, black pepper, garam masala and little water. and cook until tender on low heat. then in the end I add the corriander leaves.
bestchefs
Expert & Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want to know how u make white karahi.....
aisha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank u every one for sharing ur tips,i myself makes good chicken karahi but i always like to try new ways ,so thats why i ask u all to share ur way ,so we can try these too.
Best chef once i saw a cooking show in tv in that they r showing to make white karahi,and the chef told that the white karahi of their resturent is populer ammong people.here is the recipe,i myself try it and it turns good.
heat oil in a pan ,then add boneles chicken fry it well until it water dry the add green chilii paste and tomatoes,cook it until tomatoes tender then add salt,red chilli powder,and add 2,3 tbs of coconut powder it it,cook it for few min ,then add cream in it 2,3 tbs.then add roasted and grounded cumin seeds, corriander powder alomst 1/2 tsp,and black pepper powder, cook it well.then put few spoon of butter in a handi and put chicken in it. in the garnish with ginger slices.
dunya67

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are very deliciuos KARAHIS. I love to cook diff dishes. Here in this web site i will find many many good and mazay mazay ki dishes. InshaAllah
bestchefs
Expert & Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dunya67 wrote:
These are very deliciuos KARAHIS. I love to cook diff dishes. Here in this web site i will find many many good and mazay mazay ki dishes. InshaAllah

Sure u will dunya.....they have 1058 recipes in here....and they r enuff for 1058 days to be tried on each other day..isnt it??lols
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PakiRecipes Forum Index -> Kitchen Corner All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: