Pakistani recipes and cooking
Pakistani recipes and cooking
 Recommend PakiRecipes FREE Registration - Register Now 1217 Recipes | 95 Videos | 42 Meals | 89 Tips & Tricks | 33 Articles   
Weight Management
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Add To Favorites Add this topic to Favorite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MuskanKhan85

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Weight Management Reply with quote

What do you think about this article ? Do you agree with what it is saying ?

KEYS TO A SUCCESSFUL LONG TERM SAFE WEIGHT MANAGEMENT
by Dan Solloway

Fat loss is all a question of balance. Upping the thermogensis, without releasing the stress hormones is the secret, but you must do it right. Overdoing it won’t get you there faster, but the combination of using the supplements we talk about, correct eating choices, and exercise often lead to the desired weight. Utilizing the keys below will give you the greatest results and a life-time of leanness.

Do not skip meals. Skipping breakfast and eating large meals late in the day has been shown to cause people to gain excess weight. Always eat your most hardy meal early in the morning and your lighter meals in the evening. This eating pattern has been shown to maximize fat loss. Eating only a few large meals and consuming them late in the evening is a way to guarantee fat gain.

For maximum fat loss, exercising first thing in the morning before breakfast, when the body is drained of stored glycogen will stimulate the body to burn fat stores and become more efficient at burning fat throughout the day.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bestchefs
Expert & Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is somewht true but i agree with that part which says that
Quote:
skipping main meals can make u fattier
it is true and most important meals for our day is breakfast and dinner.well onething that i know to have balance weight is u have to eat 5 times a days but in smaall portions so ur metabolism works fast as it works fast it will burn ur calories much faster.dieting doest make u skiinier it make you weak.people who are more skinnier eat much more than who are on dieting.because by eating nuthing and skipping meals you metabolism level will fall and it wont help you in burn calories.
Another thing is exercise which help you maintain your balance weight.but you should be appropriate what you are eating offcourse if you are exercising and working out so hard and eating so much junk food it wont help in maintaing you weight.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MuskanKhan85

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bestchefs wrote:
Well this is somewht true but i agree with that part which says that
Quote:
skipping main meals can make u fattier
it is true and most important meals for our day is breakfast and dinner.well onething that i know to have balance weight is u have to eat 5 times a days but in smaall portions so ur metabolism works fast as it works fast it will burn ur calories much faster.dieting doest make u skiinier it make you weak.people who are more skinnier eat much more than who are on dieting.because by eating nuthing and skipping meals you metabolism level will fall and it wont help you in burn calories.
Another thing is exercise which help you maintain your balance weight.but you should be appropriate what you are eating offcourse if you are exercising and working out so hard and eating so much junk food it wont help in maintaing you weight.

Tht is wat's wrong with ppl these dayz. they think tht by skipping meals they are doing good but they are harming their body. I myself use to skip breakfast and dinner , only eating lunch and very little of it. Then I noticed that I got sick a lot and when I asked my doctor he told me that bcuz I am not eating properly and skipping important meals , my body is very weak and germs attack ur body more and tht's the reason u get sick more often. I have listened to him and now eat breakfast and dinner. one more thing I did was tht I started takin gym classes in college which is helping me keep my weight where I want to and also I feel more healthy.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bestchefs
Expert & Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yes doing exercises is very important if u want ur body to be in proper shape and proper figure as well as in managing your wieght..you should eat properly but healthy food not junk food.as they just make our hunger so away but they never worth it..so we all should take care of ourselves...dieting is not the solution for weight management ..weight managing is to keep your wieght maintain to certain pounds a/c to your height and structure
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aisha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes its right that skipping meals doesnt lead to lose weight ,it makes our body metabolisim low and make us weak,and breakfast is an important meal of the day as our day start and we need more energy to do our daily jobs so always take high fiber food that has low calori in breakfast,andif a person doesnt take proper breakfast he will eat more at lunch time,a person should take 3 meals and 2 snack poer day and fruit are best for snack.controling ur blod suger level also help u to lose weight.
The excerise that u do should be a combination of cardio plus resistance excersie as they both work fast to lose weight. cardio 5 days in aweek and resistance excersies for 3 days.
and the third thing is water ,always take enough water to lose fat.as our kidney function best when we take sufficiant amount of water.
aisha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes its right that skipping meals doesnt lead to lose weight ,it makes our body metabolisim low and make us weak,and breakfast is an important meal of the day as our day start and we need more energy to do our daily jobs so always take high fiber food that has low calori in breakfast,andif a person doesnt take proper breakfast he will eat more at lunch time,a person should take 3 meals and 2 snack poer day and fruit are best for snack.controling ur blod suger level also help u to lose weight.
The excerise that u do should be a combination of cardio plus resistance excersie as they both work fast to lose weight. cardio 5 days in aweek and resistance excersies for 3 days.
and the third thing is water ,always take enough water to lose fat.as our kidney function best when we take sufficiant amount of water.
MuskanKhan85

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aisha wrote:

thnx for sharin ur views with us.
bestchefs
Expert & Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes AiSHA u shared very good tips in weight management that we should drink alot of water minimum 8 glasses a day...it helps loosing weight rapidly...but try to eat healthy food...like skim milk or low fat things doesnt make much difference on ur weight
bestchefs
Expert & Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
well i have post on article on dieters dinner U can watch tht too it has some very nutritional recipes for dieting lovers
MuskanKhan85

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bestchefs wrote:
yes AiSHA u shared very good tips in weight management that we should drink alot of water minimum 8 glasses a day...it helps loosing weight rapidly...but try to eat healthy food...like skim milk or low fat things doesnt make much difference on ur weight

drinking water is better than drinking other things and has no effect on weight. Milk has also been shown to help lose weight ( skim or low fat milk ).
bestchefs
Expert & Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah low fat or skim milk hmmm they dont taste good..well i dont know about you MUSKAN but i dont like their taste.well milk doesnt helps in weight gaining...even it is not skimmed or low fat..but i have heared some where that we should drink milk(whether it is full fat or skim)in breakfast if we drink it before going to bed (thth means in night)it will help in gaining weight.Well i have heard somewhere i dont know how much it is true and how much it is not...
bestchefs
Expert & Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well one more thing i have to share here But m 100% sure about it i dont know if you guys find it interesting and informative or not...i was on diet when i was in pakistan so i ask my dietition and he told me if u eat onion in salad u wont gain weight but if its added with oil then u will gain weight.and same is with potatoes and rice if they r boiled and drained u wont gain weight but if they are fried or added with oil (u know bagharay huay rice)it will put weight oN...
aisha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

u girls are right milk is a big source of calcium and calcium plays an important rule in weight lose .read this articel .http://www.ediets.com/news/article.cfm/cmi_2171171/cid_6
it has good information about the rule of calcium intake in weightlose.
and bestchef i agree with u, the boiled rice in which we darin its water dont cause weight gain ,its true as starch of rice darin when we drain its water.so biryani is better than pilaio. Very Happy
and i think its better than dieting if we take evrything but in small quantity . as all the food that our Allah has given us has its own rule in our health so dont say no to any food but take small portion.and must burn the food as remaining active palys an important rule in our weight.
aisha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

u girls are right milk is a big source of calcium and calcium plays an important rule in weight lose .read this articel .http://www.ediets.com/news/article.cfm/cmi_2171171/cid_6
it has good information about the rule of calcium intake in weightlose.
and bestchef i agree with u, the boiled rice in which we darin its water dont cause weight gain ,its true as starch of rice darin when we drain its water.so biryani is better than pilaio. Very Happy
and i think its better than dieting if we take evrything but in small quantity . as all the food that our Allah has given us has its own rule in our health so dont say no to any food but take small portion.and must burn the food as remaining active palys an important rule in our weight.
MuskanKhan85

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bestchefs wrote:
yeah low fat or skim milk hmmm they dont taste good..well i dont know about you MUSKAN but i dont like their taste.well milk doesnt helps in weight gaining...even it is not skimmed or low fat..but i have heared some where that we should drink milk(whether it is full fat or skim)in breakfast if we drink it before going to bed (thth means in night)it will help in gaining weight.Well i have heard somewhere i dont know how much it is true and how much it is not...

well I can't drink milk even if I want to bcuz I am lactose intolerent. but I tell everyone else to drink it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PakiRecipes Forum Index -> House & Household All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: