Pakistani recipes and cooking
Pakistani recipes and cooking
 Recommend PakiRecipes FREE Registration - Register Now 1217 Recipes | 95 Videos | 42 Meals | 89 Tips & Tricks | 33 Articles   
dry Nuts good snack...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Add To Favorites Add this topic to Favorite
View previous topic :: View next topic  

what is your favorite snack?
chips or crackers
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
candies
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
fruits
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 4

bestchefs
Expert & Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: dry Nuts good snack... Reply with quote

Well while reading this article i suddenly think to post it in here.

Some peoples dont like the taste of the raw nuts,u can snack roasted.Well through some research it has found out that NUTS are healthier snack than chips or candy,but they may loose upto 10% of their healthy oils when they roasted.and cooking nuts at high temperatures may even cause the formation of chemicals that promote aging.Heres the guide to nut snacking,from most healthy to least:
**Raw and freshly refrigrated
**freshly roasted or dry roasted
**roasted in their own fat and salted
**roasted in partially hydrogenated fat,even worse if they are sugared.

so replace chips or candies as snack with Nuts.since they are linked to decreased risk of heart disease and cancer.Raw walnuts,almonds and hazelnuts have highest in omega three fatty acids.check expiration date before using nuts as they get rancid so quickly and store them in the fridge to keep them fresh.

i hope u find this tip useful.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MuskanKhan85

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

usually I would eat chips or candy but now I go for a fruit cuz its more healthy.

nice poll
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bestchefs
Expert & Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i didnt know it before too.But some of the dry fruits are really nutritious and healthy and they wont put on as much wieght as other junkies do.like if u know that dry apricot it is very good source of iron and help to those peoples who have blood deficiency.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MuskanKhan85

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dry fruits like apricots are good but things like nuts contain a lot of oil which if eaten in large quantities, is not good for health.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bestchefs
Expert & Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MuskanKhan85 wrote:
dry fruits like apricots are good but things like nuts contain a lot of oil which if eaten in large quantities, is not good for health.

well friend i thought like this before too since i read this articles which i have shared with you guys here...its says tht they r good for heart diseases tht mean nut tht contains oil r not bad for health.or may be i read it in reders digest...i hope they r not wrong...rest God noz..well i am pretty much sure this is true buddy
bestchefs
Expert & Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i havent put this by myself i havve read it first then i search it and then i found this topic couple of more places as well....so i shared here...if u dont feel it good lemme no i can delete it...
MuskanKhan85

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bestchefs wrote:
i havent put this by myself i havve read it first then i search it and then i found this topic couple of more places as well....so i shared here...if u dont feel it good lemme no i can delete it...

I believe u. I think u have more knowledge on this than me. I have just heard it from someone but u have read it which is more accurate. thnx
aisha

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bestchef u r right nuts are good for health now new reserches shows that they have three major nutrients in it that r carbohydrate,protine and fats,that are naturel and good for heath.eating daily 1.5 ounce nuts with acontrol diet reduce the risk of heart disease.dont afraid of fats in the nuts as the fats are important for our body too.and nuts has natural fats like omega acid in it which is heathy .but it doesnt mean that u eat fried or nuts that have extra suger or salt in it.eat nuts without adding suger and extra fats . i read that flexseed is very good for health as it help in redicing weight and cholestrol too.
can i post an articel here it have good information about nuts .
bestchefs
Expert & Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well Aisha & Muskan thanks for agree with me here..no doubt Nut are essential source of protiens and omega 3 fats..well Aisha if u want to share any article with uS try submitting it in our Articles section which is categorised by 3 category..as u can see on navigation bar..here we are just for discussing these articles U can not submit them here..it was my mistake tht i post my article here i hope u understand
Sunshine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very informative topic indeed.....although i eat several portions of fresh fruits daily but for the last many years nuts av become an essential of my snacking.I particularly like pecans, hazel,cashew,walnuts and almonds(wats lefts haha)
I remember the times when i wz studying pre-med during my teens and my grandpa used to bring almonds foh me advising my mom to soak them in water at night and make sure I eat them in the morning.....ahhhh good ol'times Embarassed

bestchefs
Expert & Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats true...in my regular exams my dad use to tell me eat presoaked badam...it make u intelligent...i mean c'mon well may be they r right...but they really r good for ur eye sight...well i love pecans..cashewnuts..and pistachios...but u no wht whenevr i eat them i got pimples..so i ve become very much carefull...with NuTS
but they r so yummy... Crying or Very sad
Sunshine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ In my opinion nuts must not be causing the pimples if you have a limited intake as just 3 to 5 nos.This much is enuff for a day.......more can be problem as they are loaded with calories too Sad
Just check ur water intake and avoid oily foods.Do take a couple glasses of skimmed milk daily,it works wonders for skin Smile

bestchefs
Expert & Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with U...but cant resist when cashew nuts or pistachios r in front of me Laughing
Sunshine

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea..same here Razz Once in a blue moon I also let myself go with the nuts..haha
aisha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="bestchefs"]but u no wht whenevr i eat them i got pimples..so i ve become very much carefull...with NuTS
OHHH Subia i have the same problem if i eat nuts i too get pimples soo avoid eating them.as i heard in kee taseer garem hoti hai,so my MIl says to soak them in water and then eat them i do that but no differance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PakiRecipes Forum Index -> Kitchen Corner All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: